Certification Exam Information
The CCB offers computer-based testing (CBT) for all IC&RC exams, which include CAC, CCS, CCJP, CPS, CPRS and CCDP/CCDP-D exams as well as the CCB MATS - Medication Assisted Treatment Specialist exam (paper and pencil only). The eligibility requirements for testing will remain the same.
Computer-based testing has several advantages:
- Immediate preliminary feedback on test results (Pass or Fail)
- Increased flexibility and scheduling of exams
- Multiple testing locations
- Private and secure exam setting
Only authorized candidates are eligible to test in Connecticut and typically include individuals that are:
- Actively registered CITs (CIT - Counselor in Training)
- In the process of getting certified: once an individual meets all of the requirements of a credential, they are notified in writing and are invited to test.
- Out of state candidates or those authorized to test by the Connecticut Department of Public Health, the IC&RC or other organizations.
To assist in exam preparation, IC&RC offers Candidate Guides to students, interns and teachers. These guides are in PDF format and are available for download below: